Cyclewales are proud to have the status of Learning Provider for Enhanced Learning Credits. As a company we specialise in Cycle Maintainance Training, and have been offering this training since 2003.
The world of cycling is rapidly expanding and although the internet can be seen as killing many small shops when it comes to bike sales and accessories the servicing and repair side of the business is growing at a rate. A good mechanic with good knowledge of bike systems and a willingness to keep on top of new technologies will always be in high demand.
At Cyclewales we aim to give you the skills, knowledge and support to develop into this role.
We also offer a work experience placement at our workshop for individuals following their course completion.
In order to use your Learning Credits to book onto our course please fill in our booking form and select a date from our course dates.
Complete ELC application form
Receive Claim Authorisation Note (CAN) and send or email it to us and pay your deposit
Course registration is now completed
VRQ Level 3
This is the highest level achievable in Cycle Mechanics and is awarded through the Institute of Motor Industry (IMI), the course runs over 20 days and we run them once a month for the first 3 weeks of each month.
What is involved?
Learners will develop their knowledge and skills of how to:
- Carry out routine maintenance on a cycle
- Identify and agree customer requirements
- Build a cycle wheel
- Maintain and repair cycle hydraulic disc brake systems
- Maintain and repair cycle suspension systems
- Maintain and repair cycle complex wheels
- Identify and replace cycle advanced headsets and bearings
- And refurbish cycle bottom brackets and cranks
- Maintaining and repairing cycle complex internal hub systems
- Cycle frame alignment and cycle frame geometrics
- Diagnosing and rectifying cycle electronic gear change system faults
- And electrically propelled cycle awareness
This Level 3 VRQ has a high level of technical content coupled together with advanced practical skills
On completion of this qualification the learner could progress onto higher level study or into employment
This qualification is assessed by practical tasks and written assignments
VRQ Level 3( 601/4577/8 ) £2400
2018/19 Course Dates
3rd – 22nd December 2018 (2 places left)
7th – 26th January 2019
4th -23rd February 2019
4th – 23rd March 2019
1st – 20th April 2019
6th – 25th May 2019
3rd – 22nd June 2019
1st – 20th July 2019
5th – 24th August 2019
2nd – 21st September 2019
7th – 26th October 2019
4th – 23rd November 2019
2nd – 21st December 2019